We have suggestions and resources for land managers looking for individual seed and seed mixes. Your projects with your specific goals is our mission. Bring your project and parameters to us. We can help you with the best selection of seed mixes that are selected for particular climates, environments, geographies, and purposes. Holland Wildflower Farm has advice and methods to help municipal parks and recreational departments, golf course superintendents, city and state roadside engineers, and YOU. We have 40 years of experience growing native plants, and selling seed to homeowners, landscapers, urban foresters, farmers, Native American projects, and landowners. Our clients have beautification goals that include providing more food and host plants for pollinators and habitat enhancements for other wildlife. This includes birds, insects, mammals, and reptiles. Other goals might include beautification, less mowing, and increased diversity. Some projects may have specific mixes or species that are specified by government or other environmental constraints. We can help with your custom seed requirements and seed mixes…enlightenment below.



Farmers, Ranchers, and Landowners have great opportunity to serve the natural environment by setting aside odd areas, hedgerows, and field borders for conservation. USDA offers help for conservation minded landowners who want to enhance their resource conservation efforts on their acres and farms.

There are cost-sharing programs for wildlife enhancements by setting aside areas around agricultural fields to intentionally provide habitat for birds, insects and animals native to the region.

The NRCS National Resource Conservation Service is the arm of the USDA that works with people to provide information and incentives to help the lands and natural resources. Their programs help establish practices and guidelines to manage set aside areas of private agriculture lands for habitat conservation, with special emphasis on pollinators like bees, birds and butterflies, and other wildlife conservation. The NRCS programs cover the gamut and you will find much information to guide you through the process. Some offer cost-sharing programs that will assist in paying to implement seeding and other costs. For information on how to participate, call your local USDA office and talk to the NRCS agent for your county or region.

Conservation Reserve Program CRP is the largest private land conservation program, administered by the Farm Service Agency. Among other things, it offers participation in the CREP (Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program) programs which are individual agreements with many states targeting high priority conservation issues. By voluntary participation and leadership from landowners, farmers and ranchers to take sensitive areas out of production and by introducing conservation practices, habitats for wildlife and pollinators can be improved, along with water quality and soil erosion.

Contact your local Farm Service Agency (FSA) office to apply. Participation is voluntary and contracts are 10-15 years, and the owner receives annual rental payments for enrolled acres and cost sharing and incentives in the implementation of the practices to improve the environment.

If you need help deciding on the best mix for your region or if you need a bid on a special mix or seed variety, we are here to make sure you get good advice as well as quality seed.  Just reach out to us at info@hollandwildflowerfarm.com or call us at 479-283-6709.